Samsung galaxy S3 is this year’s one of the most anticipated smartphone. There are millions of people waiting for pre-order to be fulfilled. There have been some reports come out about the Samsung Galaxy S3 battery drain issue.
The battery drain issue has been reported in the international version of the Samsung Galaxy S3 and it is found that this Samsung’s flagship smartphone uses excessive amount of battery when it is in standby mode. There is no need to worry because XDA forums have found that it is “miscalculation of power used rather than the actual power usage.”
Folks have found main reason behind the battery drain issue is Cell Standby feature.
“The drain value in framework-res.apk file is mistakenly set to 34 mA, instead of 3.4 mA. And setting this value results in 50 to 70 present more battery consumption than should ordinarily be shown.”, according to the some developers.
By updating the “power_profile.xml” file in framework-res package solves this problem.
Samsung has not acknowledged on the issue, so Galaxy S3 users have to resolve the issue manually.
If you are facing this issue in your Galaxy S3 then you can follow the following steps to resolve the battery drain issue (only for rooted smartphones).
- Download the updated file (510kb) from MediaFire
- Now save the file on microSD card or internal storage
- Now Reboot your Samsung Galaxy S3 device into ClockWork Mod (CWM) Recovery mode.
- Then Choose “Install zip from sdcard” and select the downloaded file.
- And now finally reboot your device which is most like to resolve battery drain issue
This battery drain issue is not prone to every device. U.S. users need not worry as LTE variant of Galaxy S3 is not affected by the issue.