If you are having problems with your Google Nexus 7 tablet, then you can reset it by following below mentioned steps.
Soft Reset Nexus 7
sometimes your device get hanged while using some applications, then you can do a soft reset to your Nexus 7. With soft reset, your data will not be erased from the device.
To do soft reset, follow the below mentioned step.
Press and hold the Power button until the screen turns off.
By following above step you did a soft reset to your Nexus 7, now you can restart your device manually.
Hard Reset Nexus 7
If you are having some big problems in your Nexus 7, then you might require a hard reset or to factory default settings (your all data will be erased). To do a hard reset on Nexus 7, follow the below mentioned steps.
Hard Reset From Android Settings
To do hard reset from android settings follow the below mentioned step.
Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Reset tablet > Erase everything
Hard Reset From Startup
If your Nexus 7 is not starting, then you need to follow below mentioned steps to do a hard reset.
1. With the Nexus 7 device turned off, press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and Power simultaneously.
2. Now when you see the Android guy, let go of all three buttons.
3. Now press Volume Down twice to select Recovery mode.
4. now press the Power button to choose the selection.
5. Now you will see another Android guy on the screen. Press and hold Power, then press Volume Up.
6. Now use volume buttons to toggle the selection to wipe data / factory reset.
7. Again press the Power button to choose the selection.
8. Now use the volume buttons to select Yes.
9. Finally press the Power button to choose the selection.
Once Nexus 7 finished the hard rest process, you can restart your Nexus 7 device.