Many of the people in this internet era holds their blog on wordpress.com because its free to use and people can reach to the world with their thoughts without spending any penny. But it might be possible that you have moved to hosted service and domain or because of some other reasons you want to delete or make private your wordpress.com blog.
If you do not want to delete your wordpress.com blog but still want to hide your post from the world, then you can make your blog private. With this action you will have access to your posts but they will not be available to the rest of the world. So follow the below mentioned steps to make your WordPress.com Blog Private.
1. First Log in to your wordpress.com blog and move to Settings –> Reading.
2. Now select I would like my site to be private, visible only to users I choose and click on save button .
3. Now you will see a new button which will allow you to send invitation to existing users to view your blog. You will require to enter the user name and password, then only selected users will have access to your blog.
If you have decided to delete your wordpress.com blog permanently, then follow below mentioned steps to delete it permanently.
1. First Log in to your wordpress.com blog and move to Tools –> Delete Blog.
2. When you click on the Delete Blog, it will send you on next page which will ask you to confirm about the deletion of your blog or select a goal from the available list to make sure about your action. Select the last option Permanently Delete the Blog Name and Erase all Content from the dropdown menu.
3. Above step will send you on another confirmation page. Here you can also inform wordpress, why are you deleting your blog or the new address where you have moved it.
4. By following above step, you will get an email having a confirmation link. By clicking on this link to confirm deletion, it will direct you to click to verify the deletion.
Note: once you deleted your blog from wordpress.com blog, then you would not be able to get it back and also your blog address would not be available.